NanoCeram® is a new type of water filter media combining the proven benefits of standard pleated filters wth a breakthrough in nano-technology to create a unique filter posessing removal capabilities well beyond the scope of conventional filtration technologies.
Utilising the principle of electro-adhesion NanoCeram is capable of removing a wide range of water borne contaminants including bacteria, cysts, viruses and colloidal particles;
- Removing >99.9999% at 0.2 microns
- Removing >99.997% at 0.02 microns (Virus level)
- Lowest Pressure Drop - Comparable to a 2-3 µ/micron filter Wide pH Ranges - Effective from pH 4 to pH 9
- High Dirt Retention - Up to 25 times greater dirt holding capacity
- Heavy Metal Removal - Copper, Iron, Lead, Tin
In contrast to traditional water filter technology, which removes contaminants based purely on the physical pore size of the media, NanoCeram utilises 2 to 3 micron nominal pore size to trap particles between 0.5 and 2 microns and combines this with process called 'electro-adhesion' to trap fine and ultra-fine particles down to an incredible 0.02 microns.
This powerful combination of physical filtration and electro-adhesion results in a filter with higher removal capacities, reduced clogging, minimal pressure drop and longer life, even in the presence of saline (salt water) solutions.
As a result, NanoCeram filtration capabilities extend beyond common bacteria and cysts to include;
- Viral and bacterial microbes
- Endotoxins, DNA, RNA,
- Electro-negatively charged proteins
- Sub-micron and nanosize organic and inorganic particles
High Flow Rates
The relatively large physical pore size of the media (2-3 microns) means NanoCeram filters are able to offer flow rates that are significantly higher than conventional sub-micron filtration technologies. High flow rates combined with a correspondingly low pressure drop of only 2 psi represents a major breakthrough in high efficiency, sub-micron filtration and means NanoCeram filters can be employed in wide range of domestic, commercial, industrial, laboratory and high tolerance water filtration applications including;
- Desalination Pre-Filtration
- Pre/Post filter to UF, MF and R/O membranes
- Point Of Entry and Point Of Use water filters
- Boilers and Air-conditioning cooling towers
- Food & Beverage processing
- Rainwater harvesting and Grey water recycling
- Pharmaceutical processing and manufacture
- Municipal plant water sampling
- Biological control and defence
Compared to traditional water filtration media such as membranes, hollow fibre and ultra-filters NanoCeram offers significant performance benefits including;
- Lower operational costs achieved from reduced maintenance cycles
- Lower power consumption due to lower pressure drop profile
- Improved water recovery and recycling rates
- Reduced chemical inputs
- Reduced maintenance and replacement cycles
These unique benefits now extend to high performance chemcial adsorption with the NanoCeram Pac® range of filters.
NanoCeram Pac incorporates a fine carbon powder that is electrically bonded to the surface of a NanoCeram filter. This electro-adhesive bonding eliminates the need for the glues, binders and adhesives found in ordinary carbon filters and leaves 100% of the available carbon free for chemical adsorption.